Thursday 7 June 2012

Studio Jealousy

One of my Mothers' friends, Sally, works in a lovely purpose built studio, situated in her back garden. I visited her not so long ago, and was amazed at how organised all of her craft bits and pieces were. Not only was everything ordered and in it's place, even the WAY she organised was creative. I was inspired to start storing my various materials in a slightly more artsy way, and I've started with my buttons. The glass jars that various sauces come in are handy for such things, because they're usually available in varying sizes and shapes. I chose to decorate all of the lids in the same way so that there was some continuity, but the buttons themselves are colour coded. The whole idea was so simple, but I've found the result really effective. 


I love the labels that Wilkin & Sons use for their jars, they're so 'Farmers Market'!

I took the daisies from a headband that I bought from Primark - It cost £1.50 and started to fall apart after a day! (I should have known better, but they've come in handy.) 



I haven't managed to collect enough jars for all of my colours yet, but hopefully it won't take too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment